Another December, another year end list. We’ve picked out the best songs of the year so that you don’t have to. Behold, our flawless list.
1. BoA – Kiss My Lips
Queen of All Music, BoA, came back to slay K-pop to its very core once again with this sensual synth-pop bop. It was later reported that wig sales in Korea quadrupled soon after “Kiss My Lips” dropped. BoA ha impact!
2. DAWN – Dance
Queen of the blogs and electro-R&B served one of her best songs yet, effortlessly combining UK House and trap to create a truly unique DAWN experience.
3. Carly Rae Jepsen – Run Away With Me
The second single from Jepsen’s critically acclaimed masterpiece EMOTION. Energetic “HEY!” chants, a bouncing bass line and atmospheric sax makes this everything that 1989 wanted to be… but wasn’t.
4. Allie X – Tumor
One of 2015’s most unique new artists. Huge synths and a trippy beat make this a standout track not just from Allie’s debut album, but 2015 overall.
5. Brown Eyed Girls – Warm Hole
K-pop’s sexiest noonas made their biennial comeback with this fast-paced and funky bop, causing utter outrage with the sexually suggestive title. What did you expect from these envelope pushing queens?
6. Demet Akalın – Gölge
Introspective and inspirational dancefloor anthem from Turkish pop queen.
7. HyunA – Roll Deep
Queen’s back! Korean Beyoncé and self-proclaimed God girl HyunA made waves with this ridiculously boastful bop about everybody being inferior compared to herself. Slay us mere mortals God girl!
8. Gain – Paradise Lost
The most fascinating K-pop concept ever. Gain dedicates RitaOra-IWillNeverLetYouDown.mp3 to all of us. Praise her light, Hawwah be with you.
9. AOA – Heart Attack
SLAYOSLAY returned to save K-Pop once again with this slick and sexy Brave Brothers produced bop about my relationship with Yunho (TVXQ).
10. Demi Lovato – Wildfire
Emotional and eerie, “Wildfire” is exactly the style of music Lovato should be making.
11. Namie Amuro – B WHO I WANT 2 B feat. HATSUNE MIKU
A random and shocking collaboration. Flawless production from SOPHIE and HATSUNE MIKU’s best vocals to date. Trust the Goddess of J-Pop to bring out the best in everyone and everything.
12. Ariana Grande – Focus
Ari’s risky Marmite jam polarised listeners and, more importantly, brought us iconic meltdowns from Arianators all over social media.
13. Fiestar – You’re Pitiful
K-Pop’s most underrated group unsurprisingly delivered another addictive earworm. Will they ever slay the charts though? #JusticeForFiestar
14. Selena Gomez – Good For You
Minimalist production and Selena’s ~fragile~ vocals shouldn’t work this well, but it does.
15. Ece Seçkin – Aman Aman
A feel good breakup anthem reminding you why you shouldn’t be drunk calling your ex on NYE 2015.
16. EXID – AH YEAH
EXID lived up to the hype with their first single since Hani’s racy viral fancam gained them international fame.
17. Hailee Steinfeld – Love Myself
If this song doesn’t increase your self-assurance then nothing will. I LOVE MAY!!
18. Merve Özbey – Yaş Hikayesi
One of those “crying about my life whilst drunk on the dancefloor” tracks. Thanks Merve Özsley!
19. Wonder Girls – Baby Don’t Play
An incredibly triumphant return to top form for this veteran girl group. 80s throwback done right. Should have been the title track. Sunmi, go solo again please.
20. Coco Jones – Let ‘em Know
A feisty feminist anthem from Disney star turned indie R&B queen.
That’s not all though. 2015 has been a great year (musically, that is) as far as sheBOPS are concerned. Now for a list of songs that we were too lazy to write descriptions for, but had us like this
- Spell on Me – Adelén
- Falling In Love Again – Anjulie
- Oh Boy – AOA
- Come Closer – Badkiz
- Excuse Me – BESTie
- Dance Like We’re Making Love – Ciara
- Paint It, Black – Ciara
- Hello Bitches – CL
- Like – CLC
- REVOLUTION feat. Namie Amuro – Crystal Kay
- Kinda Miss You – Deborah Cox
- Born Rich – Diamond White
- Hourglass (feat. LION BABE) – Disclosure
- Be the One – Dua Lipa
- Ex’s & Oh’s – Elle King
- On My Mind – Ellie Goulding
- 4 Walls – f(x)
- Breakfast – Fleur East
- Body Talk – Foxes
- Lighthouse – G.R.L.
- Light Up the Dark – Gabrielle Aplin
- Me Gustas Tu – GFriend
- DoliGo DoliGo – GI
- Mad Woman – Gina Dirawi
- Tom’s Diner (feat. Britney Spears) – Giorgio Moroder
- Girls Girls – Girls Girls
- Jitter – Grace Mitchell
- Bangır Bangır – Gülşen
- Given It All – Hayley Kiyoko
- Wiggle – HELLOVENUS
- Night Like This (feat. Kendall Schmidt) – Hilary Duff
- Honeydick – Honey Cocaine
- BAMBAMBAM – Hotties
- Do Not Answer My Phone – Hwayobi
- Cola Song (feat. J Balvin) – Inna
- When I’m Broken – Janine and the Mixtape
- Fictional – Jessica Folcker
- Resistance – Jhené Aiko
- Hopeless Love – JiMin Park
- When Love Hurts – JoJo
- Gangsta – Kat Dahlia
- Whistle (While You Work It) – Katy Tiz
- No No No – Kyary Pamyu Pamyu
- Still Down – Kyndall
- AALOW AALOW – LABOUM
- I Want Your Love – Lady GaGa
- Fire Under My Feet – Leona Lewis
- Impossible – LION BABE
- Paper Light Revisited – Loreen
- My Boy My Town – Mabel
- Beautiful Scars – Madonna
- One Hot Mess – Malea
- I Might Go Lesbian (feat. Tyga) – Manika
- Tied Down – Marissa
- Sorry – Meg Myers
- Face the Fire – Michelle Chamuel
- BB Talk – Miley Cyrus
- I am a woman too – MinAh
- QUEEN (feat. Gain) – Miryo
- Only You – miss A
- Life Is Beautiful – Miss Fame
- WTF (Where They From) [feat. Pharrell Williams] – Missy Elliott
- Phoenix – Molly Sandén
- David’s House – Niia
- DRAMA – Nine Muses
- Rain Dog – Niykee Heaton
- CLOSER – Oh My Girl
- High Off My Love (feat. Birdman) – Paris Hilton
- Celepretty – Park BoRam
- STAR TRAIN – Perfume
- Do It Again – Pia Mia
- Demonstrate (Rap Ver.) – RaNia
- Poison – Rita Ora
- Jealousy (Disco Mix) – Róisín Murphy
- Not Too Young – Sabina Ddumba
- Perfect – Selena Gomez
- Scream – Seo In Young
- How Bad Do You Want It (Oh Yeah) – Sevyn Streeter
- Alive – Sia
- If I Don’t Have You – Tamar Braxton
- Fuckboy – Tanika
- Looking 4 It – Tinashe
- Player – Tinashe
- Crazy – 4Minute